Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Getting Ready...

Dave and I (and our friends Patrick and Kristen:)dedicated most of our Saturday to finishing up our baby registry. We went to Babies R Us a couple of weeks ago but were unable to finish registering for ALL the necessary items (which is A LOT) so we finished that up and also registered at The Baby's Room.

I have become addicted to The Baby's Room. I have been going in there a couple of times a week to try and narrow down the baby bedding. I really thought I had it picked out but when we went Saturday I felt like I was so confused . I just couldn't decide. I really don't like all the themed bedding that they have for boys (no offense to anyone who does). It just seems like every item they sell for boys has some sort of dinosaur or animal plastered across it. I was actually trying to make a somewhat neutral (but really too girly) bedding work but Dave was not having it. Finally, the girl working there showed me a bedding set that was made by the same designer as the two other sets that I was in love with (but again too girly). It was perfect but totally different from what I thought I wanted. Click on the links to see pictures of the bedding we picked out:
Bedding 1
Bedding 2
Bedding 3
Bedding 4
Bedding 5

I am so happy to have finally made a decision!! We also picked out the crib, the dresser/changing table and the rocker and ottoman. I feel like we have made progress. Even though we will not begin putting the room together until about a month out because we are still holding out on getting our house sold. I will be so frustrated if the house sells once we get the room finished.

I am 27 weeks now and cannot believe how fast this pregnancy has gone. I had Madison at 38 weeks so it is really crazy to think that I could realistically have this baby in a little over 10 weeks. That makes me so excited but then so anxious also when I think about all that there is left to do!!

Here a some pics of the crib and dresser and my ever growing belly:
19 weeks

22 weeks23 weeks
26 weeks

1 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.