Monday, August 11, 2008

First Day of 4th Grade

These are pictures of Madison on her first
day of kindergarten. Look how much she
has grown!!




Today is Madison's first day of 4th grade. She is going to a different school this year. Since I got a new job she is going to go to the school where I am working. She actually went there for one year in kindergarten. She was a little upset at first about leaving her friends but she is being so mature about it. I know she will love her new school. Everyone is so nice!! Since I am only working part-time, I am not working on Mondays so she had to go without me today.
Dropping her off this morning brought back so many memories of her first day of kindergarten.....

She was so brave walking into school that first day. As we got closer and closer to the school I lost it. I tried to hard so not let her see me cry. I knew that would only make things worse for her. She didn't notice the whole way to her classroom. The teacher greeted us and helped Madee put up her bookbag. At this point I was a basketcase (Madee still had not noticed me crying at this point). Her teacher started looking through her lunchbox and found the note that I had left Madee telling her that I loved her and to have a good day. When Madee saw this she finally looked up at me (as if to say, "Mom did you do this??!!). That's when she saw that I was crying. Then she started to cry. I had to just leave at that point because I knew I was only making things worse for her. It was the saddest day of my life. My little girl was growing up. I knew this was the beginning of her independence. I was not ready for that.

And now here she is, a 4th grader, returning to the place where it all started.



That's the Madee face that I know and love:)

1 comments:

Clh03uga said...

She's so pretty. And I'm amazed at you with your triathalon!!!! Check out my blog at www.joshchelseahudson.blogspot.com.