Friday, September 5, 2008

Destin~Labor Day 2008
















For Labor Day this year we went to Destin with our friends Max, Jessica, and Joe. We had a house on the beach. Hurricane Gustov was approaching near the end of our trip. It didn't actually come to Florida but caused lots of wind and big waves in the Gulf.



The first day was great weather and very calm water. We decided to take ocean kayakes out this day. It was so much fun. We could stop in the clear water and jump out to see the fish. Not to mention it was great exercise.



The next day was very different. The winds were so strong and the waves were huge. We got up early and went to the beach. Jess and I were having plenty of fun laying out watching the guys and Madee play in the waves. I made the mistake of getting up to take a picture. Dave couldn't stand for me to miss out on the fun. I saw him walking towards me and knew what was coming. I thought I was safe because I had the camera in my hand. He wouldn't dare drag me in the water with the camera in my hand!! Wrong!! He got a hold of me and there was not stopping him. He grabbed my hand and ran so fast towards the water. All I could do was run so I didn't fall. Once I got in the water I had so much fun. I guess in the end I was glad he dragged me in because I probably wouldn't have gotten in on my own.



We also visited Baytowne Wharf in Sandestin (it is our favorite place to go). Madison got to do a ropes course that they had there. They put you in a harness and you climb up and walk across ropes and balance beams. She is usually pretty scared of stuff like this but she did really well. They normally have a zip line from the top that you can slide way down over the water but it was closed.



We walked on the beach every night which I love to do. The last night the tide was way up. Dave actually fell into a sink hole on the beach. He was walking and all the sudden he took a step and his leg sunk down into the sand all the way to his knee. It was pretty funny!!




0 comments: